Monday, May 30, 2005

Ease

Beautiful
the last couple of days
here in the valley
have been.

I think the crisis of several days ago has given me a greater capacity to appreciate the valley afresh - to experience jamais vu (pertaining to which, an interesting essay).

Camilla has been here the past two days and the root cellar is now covered.

It's now clear that she knows that I know that she needs more help that she wishes she did ... but she's working through it. She seems to be doing better physically now. I gave her her first fly-fishing lesson, but also told her not to be a purist. If you need a fish and you can't figure out the hatch, dig up a grub and drift it through the hole.

I toyed with the idea of suggesting that she move down closer, but I think that would be a huge mistake. I think she is still going to need a considerable measure of individual integrity and self-reliance to recover from whatever has been through, whatever she came up here to get away from.

Brother Damien is coming up the valley tommorrow for an individual poetry session. It should be fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Beautiful
the last couple of days
here in the valley
have been."

Yoda?

JPB said...

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=inversion&x=0&y=0 Chiefly consider the first definition. The fifth is not intended.